Light year/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Light year, or pages that link to Light year or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Light year. Needs checking by a human.
- Andromeda Galaxy : Nearest large spiral galaxy to the Milky Way, also known as Messier 31
- Antlia : Constellation in the southern sky, which is surrounded by Hydra, Pyxis, Vela and Centaurus.
- Galaxy : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Galaxy (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- International Astronomical Union : Internationally recognized authority for assigning designations to celestial bodies (stars, planets, asteroids, etc), headquartered in Paris, France.
- Light day : Distance that light travels in a vacuum in one day; 1 light day = 25,902,068,371,200 m = 2.5902067 * 1013m.
- Light hour : Distance that the light travels in vacuum in one hour, 1.0792528 * 1012m
- Light minute : Distance that light travels in vacuum in one minute; 17,987,547,480 m = 1.7987547 * 1010m.
- Light month : The distance, meters, that light travels in one month.
- Light second : Distance that light travels in vacuum in one second; 2.99792458 * 108m.
- Light week : Distance that light travels in a vacuum in one week; 1 light week = 1.81314469 * 1011km.
- Light : The part of the electromagnetic spectrum visible to a species' biological eye.
- NGC 7089 : A bright globular cluster, also known as Messier 2.
- Parsec : Unit of astronomical length based on the distance from Earth at which stellar parallax is one second of arc and equal to 3.258 light-years, 3.086 × 1013 kilometers, or 1.918 × 1013 miles.
- Proxima Centauri (star) : Red dwarf star that is the sun's nearest neighbor (4.2 light-years), with a stellar magnitude of ll, and is 2° from the bright star α Centauri.
- Second : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Second (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Solar system : Our sun, Sol and the astronomical objects, like Planet Earth, gravitationally bound to it
- Year : A unit of time measurement that corresponds to one revolution of the earth around the sun, approximately 365¼ days.