John Mark Dougan
|John Mark Dougan|
|Occupation||former Marine, former police officer, blogger|
John Mark Dougan is an American who, in 2016, fled to Russia, to evade an investigation into allegations he was a hacker. Dougan is a former Marine and former law enforcement officer with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
In 2005 Dougan was a Palm Beach Sheriff's deputy with access to the initial investigation into allegations Jeffrey Epstein had sexually exploited women and girls who were below the legal age of consent. Craig Unger's 2021 book, "American Kompromat" addresses whether or not Russian intelligence agencies had acquired evidence that could have been used to blackmail or compromise President Donald Trump. However, it also covered claims that Dougan had brought with him evidence that could be used to blackmail friends of Epstein in addition to Trump. The New York Post, citing The Times of London, reported that Prince Andrew is one of the individuals against whom Dougan is believed to have evidence.
On June 13, 2022, Dougan interviewed Daria Dugina, a prominent political analyst, and aide to her father, Aleksander Dugin, as they elebrated Russia's capture of the Ukrainian port city of Mariupol. He appeared to agree to hear claims that Ukrainians were committing war crimes, against their own civilians, with NATO support. He noted the similarities in their surnames.
In 2018, the Daily Beast reported he had created a persona known as “БадВолф”, or, in English, “Bad Wolf” or “BadVolf”. The Daily Beast reported Dougan had been "waging a relentless campaign against his former employer, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office", for years.
The Daily Beast's reporting described Dougan combining completely legal investigative tools and high-tech trickery, in his whistleblowing. They reported he used his first-hand knowledge of the Office's policies and procedures, and the perfectly legal tools to access public records. They said he also acquired recordings of officials engaging in sexually compromising conversations, buy using a voice modification tool, and presenting himself as a sexually available woman.
Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022, Dougan became one of the westerners to join the "International Public Tribunal on Ukraine". This organization is run by Russians, in Russia. Justin Ling, of CBC News, named Maxim Grigoriev as the primary Russian organizer of the Tribunal.
According to Ling, the primary activity of the foreigners on the Tribunal is to echo the Russian narrative that Ukraine is being run by racist Neo-Nazis, who are using ordinary Ukrainians as human shields.
- Lia Eustachewich. Ex-Florida cop accuses FBI of covering up Prince Andrew’s role in Jeffrey Epstein scandal, NewJYork Post, 2019-09-25. Retrieved on 2022-08-21. “John Mark Dougan worked as a Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy in 2005, the year the department launched an investigation into the pedophile financier, who died in a jailhouse suicide in August.”
- Mickey Friedman. BOOK REVIEW: Craig Unger’s ‘American Kompromat’, The Berkshire Edge, 2021-03-04. Retrieved on 2022-08-21. “Then, just in case you haven’t had enough of the rabbit hole, Unger tells the story of the former Palm Beach deputy sheriff John Mark Dougan who ends up in Moscow with some of Epstein’s tapes.” mirror
- John Mark Dougan. As you asked! An interview with Daria Dugina, Alexander Dugin's Daughter (video), You Tube, 2022-06-13. Retrieved on 2022-08-21.
- Kevin Poulsen. The Saga of ‘BadVolf’: A Fugitive American Cop, His Russian Allies, and a DNC Hoax, Daily Beast, 2018-07-12. Retrieved on 2022-08-21. “He was a disgruntled ex-cop named John Mark Dougan who for years had been waging a relentless campaign against his former employer, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.”
- Justin Ling. The Westerners helping Putin’s propaganda war on Ukraine (video), CBC News, June 2022. Retrieved on 2022-08-21. “When it comes to pushing propaganda about the war in Ukraine, Russian President Vladamir Putin has help from a group of Westerners with long histories of peddling disinformation, including John Mark Dougan and Canadian Eva Bartlett.”
- Justin Ling. American Ex-Cop Goes to Ukraine on Twisted Mission to Vindicate Putin, Daily Beast, 2022-03-17. Retrieved on 2022-08-21. “John Mark Dougan is an increasingly prominent figure in a burgeoning movement of conspiracy theorists who are trying to put meat on the bone of the baseless idea that the Russian invasion of Ukraine was done, at least in part, to destroy U.S-funded biolabs developing deadly pathogens to unleash on the Russian people.” mirror