Grey matter/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Grey matter, or pages that link to Grey matter or to this page or whose text .
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Cortical gray matter : Add brief definition or description
- Periaqueductal gray matter : Add brief definition or description
- Basal ganglia : A cluster of nerve cell bodies at the base of the forebrain in vertebrates.
- Soma : Add brief definition or description
- White matter : A subset of brain tissue whose volume is dominated by myelinated axons of nerve cells.
- Fiber tracking : A set of techniques used to visualize nerve fibres along all their length.
- Neuron : An excitable cell that is specialized to conduct nerve impulses.
- Glia : Add brief definition or description
- Nerve : A bundle of nerve fibres that connects the central nervous system with other organs in an animal body.
- Neuroimaging : A group of techniques used to visualize structure and function of nervous systems, especially the vertebrate brain.
- Neuroanatomy : The branch of anatomy that studies the anatomical organization of the nervous system.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.
- Histology : The study of the structure and function of biological tissues.
- Cerebral cortex : External tissue layer within the vertebrate brain, ensheathed by the pia mater; home to the nerve cell bodies; important in learning and dementia.
- Gyrification : The folding process during brain development, or the extent of folding.
- Brain size : Umbrella term for various measures of how big a brain is.
- Cortical thickness : The combined thickness of the cerebral cortex layers.
- Cortical surface area : The area covered by the outer layer of the cerebral cortex.