Global Command and Control System-Maritime/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Global Command and Control System-Maritime, or pages that link to Global Command and Control System-Maritime or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Global Command and Control System-Maritime. Needs checking by a human.
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System : A U.S. Army and Marine artillery fire control system that cooperates with Navy and Air Force fire control systems, as well as British, French, Italian and German artillery systems.
- Cooperative Engagement Capability : A distributed computing and communications system principally aboard U.S. Navy warships, more than the AEGIS battle management system is often called. As opposed to the Joint Tactical Information Distribution System it does not share only the processed data from single sensors on single platforms, but shares a mutually computed model fusing all sensors
- Global Information Grid : The overall computing and communications architecture and systems interconnecting the U.S. Department of Defense military and civilian organizations, other government agencies, and allied nations; information is at the strategic/theater and operational, not tactical levels
- Naval Fire Control System : Also known as the AN/SYQ-27, this is a system for assisting U.S. Navy and NATO gunfire support ashore, taking and deconflicting calls for fires, and passing signals to the actual gun system.
- Naval gunfire support : naval gun, unguided rocket, and guided missile fire from ships, in direct support of ground forces; does not include close air support even if the aircraft fly from ships
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations