Freedmen's Bureau/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Freedmen's Bureau, or pages that link to Freedmen's Bureau or to this page or whose text .
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Reconstruction : The attempt from 1865 to 1877 in American history to resolve the issues of the American Civil War.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Black history : A movement that developed out of the same forces that shaped the Civil Rights Movement.
- U.S. slavery era : The history of black slavery in the United States.
- U.S. History : The history of the United States from the colonial era to the present.
- Abraham Lincoln : (1809-65) Born in Illinois, President of the United States during the American Civil War.
- Andrew Johnson : The 17th president of the United States of America (1865-69) after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in April 1865.
- Carpetbagger : American northerners who moved to the South during Reconstruction after the American Civil War.
- Jim Crow : Add brief definition or description
- Ku Klux Klan : Add brief definition or description
- Radical Republican : Add brief definition or description
- Redeemers : A political coalition in the American South during the Reconstruction era, who sought to overthrow the Radical Republican coalition of Freedmen, carpetbaggers and Scalawags.
- Scalawag : A Southern white American who joined the Republican party during Reconstruction.
- Slave Power : Add brief definition or description