Evolutionary medicine/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Evolutionary medicine, or pages that link to Evolutionary medicine or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Evolutionary medicine. Needs checking by a human.
- Altruism : The characteristic of benefiting others without the expectation of reward.
- Evolutionary biology : The study of the origin and descent of species, as well as their change, multiplication, and diversity over time.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Fat utilization hypothesis : Hypothesis that explains the major role of phospholipid and fatty acid metabolism played in human evolution.
- Geriatrics : "the branch of medicine concerned with the physiological and pathological aspects of the aged, including the clinical problems of senescence and senility."(National Library of Medicine)
- Malaria : A tropical infectious disease, caused by protozoa carried by mosquitoes, which is the world's worst insect vector-borne disease
- Metabolic diseases (human) : Defective in enzymes important in metabolic pathways. The chemical substrate of the missing or defective enzyme builds up and is excreted out of the body into the urine.
- Obesity : Excessive stores of body fat.
- Vitamin C : Required by a few mammalian species, including humans and higher primates. It is water-soluble and is usually obtained by eating fruits and vegetables; associated with scurvy (hence its chemical name, ascorbic acid).