< EBSCOJump to navigation Jump to search
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/EBSCO. Needs checking by a human.
- Academia : An umbrella term for scholars and their institutions.
- Academic journal : A regularly-published, peer-reviewed publication that publishes scholarship relating to an academic discipline.
- Amsterdam : The capital city of the Netherlands; 2007 population 743,100.
- Battle of Midway : Generally considered to be the turning point of the Pacific Theater in the Second World War, a Japanese force intending to capture Midway Island was turned back with the loss of four aircraft carriers, at the cost of one U.S. carrier; it was the last major Japanese offensive of the war
- British Empire : The worldwide domain controlled by Britain from its origins about 1600
- Canada : The world's second-largest country by total area, occupying most of northern North America; officially a bilingual nation, in English and French (population approx. 27 million).
- Canadian sports : Sports with significant popularity in Canada.
- Carl von Clausewitz : (1780-1831) German military theorist who stressed the moral and political aspects of war, posthumous author of On War.
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Charles de Gaulle : French military and political leader who died in 1970.
- China, history : covers the History of China from 2000 BC to the present.
- Crusades : Medieval wars of religion fought by Christians, the most famous being in the Holy Land.
- Eleanor Roosevelt : Spouse of Franklin D. Roosevelt; founder of National Committee for an Effective Congress
- Fair use : A limitation of United States federal copyright law providing that a greater societal good is achieved when limited material from copyrighted works can be used without prior permission of the copyright holder.
- Family history : Systematic narrative and research of past events relating to a specific family, or specific families.
- George III : King of Great Britain and Ireland from 1760-1820, between George II and George IV.
- Guadalcanal campaign : The first Allied offensive campaign of the Pacific theater in WWII, fought August 7, 1942 and February 9, 1943; Allied victory
- Harry S. Truman : (1884-1972) President of the U.S. from 1945 to 1953.
- Henry Kissinger : (1923—) American academic, diplomat, and simultaneously Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and Secretary of State in the Nixon Administration; promoted realism (foreign policy) and détente with China and the Soviet Union; shared 1973 Nobel Peace Prize for ending the Vietnam War; Director, Atlantic Council
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Hong Kong : Special Administrative Region (SAR) in the south of the People's Republic of China; one of the world's leading financial, industrial, and transportation centres.
- Joan of Arc, memory of : An examination of the wide range of views and interpretations regarding Joan of Arc's life as seen in the eyes of her perceivers over the centuries.
- Joan of Arc : A French peasant girl (ca. 1412 – 1431) who led her nation's armies during the Hundred Years' War and became a national heroine and saint.
- Joseph Stalin : (1878 - 1953) The head of Russia's Communist ("Bolshevik") party and dictator of the Soviet Union from 1924 until his death.
- King Philip's War : Add brief definition or description
- Louis XIV : Add brief definition or description
- Louis XVI : Add brief definition or description
- Luftwaffe : Add brief definition or description
- Mexican-American War : Add brief definition or description
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin : Add brief definition or description
- Napoleon : Add brief definition or description
- Naval warfare : Add brief definition or description
- Netherlands, history : Add brief definition or description
- Oliver Cromwell : Add brief definition or description
- Ottawa : Add brief definition or description
- Panic of 1907 : Add brief definition or description
- Pseudoscience : Add brief definition or description
- Saskatchewan : Add brief definition or description
- Sri Lanka : Add brief definition or description
- Uighur : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnam War : Add brief definition or description
- Wizard of Oz : Add brief definition or description