Democratic Party of Japan/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Democratic Party of Japan, or pages that link to Democratic Party of Japan or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Politics of Japan
- National Diet (Japan) : Bicameral parliament of Japan from the Meiji Restoration to the present time, although significantly modified by the 1947 Constitution; limited role in decision-making for World War Two in the Pacific, especially as Japanese party government declined.
- House of Representatives (Japan) : Lower house of the Japanese parliament.
- Government of Japan : Add brief definition or description
- Democratic Party (Japan) : (民進党 Minshintou) Japanese political party formed in March 2016 through the merger of the Democratic Party of Japan and the Japan Innovation Party.
- Yoshihiko Noda : (野田佳彦) Japanese Prime Minister and leader of the Democratic Party of Japan from August 2011 to December 2012.
- Naoto Kan : Former Japanese Prime Minister and leader of the Democratic Party of Japan from June 2010 until August 2011.
- Yukio Hatoyama : (鳩山由紀夫 Hatoyama Yukio) former Prime Minister of Japan and ex-leader of the Democratic Party of Japan (2009-2010); led the party to its first election victory, ousting the Liberal Democratic Party of which he was a former member after 55 years of near-uninterrupted rule (born 1947).
- Ichiro Ozawa : Add brief definition or description
- Liberal Democratic Party (Japan) : (自由民主党 Jiyuu-Minshutoo) Conservative Japanese political party which has held power near-uninterrupted since 1955.
- People's New Party : Add brief definition or description
- Social Democratic Party (Japan) : Add brief definition or description
- Prime Minister of Japan : Head of government of Japan; not an immensely powerful executive, influenced by the monarchy prior to 1945, and subsequently by the complex coalitions of Japanese top-level decisionmaking
- Japan Innovation Party : Add brief definition or description