Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Debriefing, or pages that link to Debriefing or to this page or whose text .
- Intelligence (information gathering) : The practice of finding information on opponents, or potential opponents.
- Intelligence cycle management : The continuous process by which intelligence priorities are set, raw information collected, information analyzed, the processed information disseminated, and the next set or priorities set.
- Eduction : A collective term for acquiring information from willing and unwilling people, for purposes including criminal investigation and human-source intelligence, with methods that range from cooperative to coercive
- Elicitation : Eduction of information from a person or group in a manner that does not disclose the intent of the interview or conversation, generally overt, unless the collector is other than he or she purports to be.
- Human-source intelligence : (HUMINT); the practice of acquiring information through interactions with people who can disclose relevant information, including but not limited to espionage, interrogation, debriefing and elicitation
- Interrogation : A systematic process of direct questioning, of a person in detention or otherwise under the control of the interrogator, to obtain reliable information to satisfy criminal investigation or human-source intelligence requirements, within the scope of relevant law and policy
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Diplomacy (foreign policy) : The process of negotiations, among nations, usually by accredited representatives of a government. While the details of the negotiations may not be public information, the fact of the diplomatic negotiations is official and acknowledged
- Imagery intelligence : the practice of taking and interpreting visible and infrared light photographs and video, radar imagery, and other ways to form pictures of subjects of interest
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S. : Policies, techniques and practices of United States interrogation in a national intelligence-gathering context. (See Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration for recent detailed discussions)
- Intercultural competence : The ability to successfully communicate with people of other cultures.
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.