Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Debbie Wasserman Schultz (1966-) is a (Democratic U.S. Representative for the 20th Congressional District of Florida, extending from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Beach. She was first elected in 2004, after serving in the state legislature.
She has a significant role in national politics as vice chair of the Democratic National Committee.
In March 2009, she announced she had breast cancer, and has been a national advocate for education and prevention.
She cosponsored the Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act.
- House Appropriations Committee
- Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security
- House Judiciary Committee
- Financial Services and General Government
- Legislative Branch
- Joint Committee on the Library
Coalitions and caucuses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, University of Florida, 1988
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, University of Florida, 199