< DatagramJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Datagram, or pages that link to Datagram or to this page or whose text .
- Packet : A unit of information transferred between intermediate switches or routers in a packet-based communication system; the most basic differentiation of packets are whether they contain full source and destination addresses (i.e., are datagrams) or have only the identifier of a connection, which the intermediate device needs to look up to find the destination and take a second step to decide where to forward the packet
- Routing : The process of receiving a packet on one interface of a router, validating the packet and forwarding it out the appropriate interface.
- Locality of networks : The assumption, in networking technologies, about the characteristics of the user space they support, and, as importantly, the user spaces they should ignore
- Hop count : Add brief definition or description
- Forwarding information base : Add brief definition or description