Conspiracy theory/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Conspiracy theory, or pages that link to Conspiracy theory or to this page or whose text .
- Paranoia : Add brief definition or description
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Moral panic : A condition, episode, person or group of persons emerges to become defined as a threat to societal values and interests; its nature is presented in a stylized and stereotypical fashion by the mass media; the moral barricades are manned by editors, bishops, politicians and other right-thinking people; socially accredited experts pronounce their diagnosis and solutions; ways of coping are revolved or (more often) resorted to. Stanley Cohen
- Apollo Moon landing hoax claims : Beliefs that the Project Apollo landings on the Moon were faked by the U.S. government and did not actually happen.
- Area 51 : Highly classified military test site near Groom Lake, in the Nellis Air Force Base complex in Nevada
- Area 52 : Classified U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Energy facility in the Tonopah Test Range, part of Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada
- Area 57 : High-security area at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, known functions including earth station for military satellites.
- Bilderberger Group : Add brief definition or description
- Birther : A movement that claims Barack Obama is not a native-born American citizen and thus is ineligible to be President
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- James Jesus Angleton : Long-time OSS and CIA counterintelligence officer, who headed the CIA Counterintelligence Staff and constantly searched for conspiracies — which, in the world of intelligence, might or might not exist; he did not suspect Kim Philby
- Anatoly Golitsyn : Soviet KGB officer who defected to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, triggering an intense internal debate, not completely settled today, if he were genuine or a KGB plant; he and Yuri Nosenko accused one another of being a double agent
- Yuri Nosenko : Soviet KGB officer who defected to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, triggering an intense internal debate, not completely settled today, if he were genuine or a KGB plant; he and Anatoly Golitsyn accused one another of being a double agent; he was, without court authority, detained for several years by the CIA
- Clandestine human-source intelligence : clandestine operations by people who secretly collect intelligence, and their support by couriers, forgers, radio operators, and other operational personnel.
- Committee for State Security : Usually known as the KGB, one of Organs of State Security of the Soviet Union, with extensive responsibilities in intelligence (information gathering), border security, counterintelligence and suppression of dissent; split up in the Russian Federation with counterintelligence in the FSB and foreign intelligence in the SVR
- Council on Foreign Relations : An influential "think tank", publisher, and facilitator of communications in international relations; based in the US but with an international membership and not associated with a specific ideology
- Deception : The act of deceiving or misleading, through the intentional concealing or misrepresentation of facts.
- Freemasonry : An institution, often regarded as a global secret society, present in many of the world's settlements.
- National Security Agency : An organization within the United States Department of Defense, with the dual roles of the principal signals intelligence agency in the United States intelligence community, but also having the responsibility for information assurance of military, diplomatic, and other critical communications.
- New World Order : Add brief definition or description
- North American Union : A claim, often considered a conspiracy theory, that leaders of Canada, Mexico, and the United States plan to form a unified government, similar to the European Union
- Opus Dei : Add brief definition or description
- Rockefeller Foundation : Add brief definition or description
- Society of Jesus : Add brief definition or description
- Skull and Bones Society : Add brief definition or description
- Trilateral Commission : Add brief definition or description
- Unidentified flying object : Add brief definition or description
- WorldNetDaily : Add brief definition or description