Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Citizendium, or pages that link to Citizendium or to this page or whose text .
- Encyclopedia : A point of reference for structured knowledge.
- Wiki : A website that allows anyone (with registration required or not) to edit any page and to add new pages.
- Eduzendium : An educational initiative in which students contribute to wiki articles at Citizendium as part of their coursework.
- Larry Sanger : American former philosophy professor who co-founded Wikipedia and founded Citizendium as an alternative (born 1968).
- Citizen : A legally recognized member of a political or civil community.
- Compendium : Add brief definition or description
- Expert : Someone possessing profound knowledge in a certain area.
- Expertise : Profound knowledge in a given area.
Other encyclopedia/large knowledge compendia
- Wikipedia : An online encyclopedia in every major language, open to anonymous editing by anyone.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica : Reference work published in 27 editions, starting with the first edition published from 1768 to 1771, to the most recent edition printed in 2007.
- Conservapedia : Conservative wiki encyclopedia project founded by Andrew Schlafly as an alternative to Wikipedia and its "liberal bias", instead preferring conservative Christian and Republican Party viewpoints.
- Scholarpedia : An online encyclopedia of scholarly knowledge; wiki-based but otherwise similar to a scholarly review journal.
- Digital Universe : Add brief definition or description
- Encyclopedia of Earth : Add brief definition or description
- Encyclopedia of Life : Add brief definition or description
- Digipedia : Add brief definition or description
Other huge wiki-based projects
- Wikinews : A wiki-based news portal run by the Wikimedia Foundation, the same organization that runs Wikipedia.
- Wikitravel : A wiki-based travel information website. It is operated by Internet Brands, a for-profit company, and is not a project of the Wikimedia Foundation.