Center for National Security Studies/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Center for National Security Studies, or pages that link to Center for National Security Studies or to this page or whose text .
- American Civil Liberties Union : American political action group founded in 1920 for protection of civil liberties.
- Fund for Peace : A research and education organization specializing in weak states and failed states
- Human rights : Natural civil and political rights considered universal and applicable to all human beings worldwide.
- Civil rights : Rights considered inherent to members of a society, the arbitrary deprivation of which is subject to enforcement action
- George Washington University : Private, nonsectarian institution chartered by President James Monroe and Congress in 1821; the largest private co-educational institution in Washington, D.C.
- National Security Archive, George Washington University : A nonprofit organization that collects, through legal action when necessary, government documents, especially declassified information
- Russell Hemenway : Chair of the Center for National Security Studies; National Director of the National Committee for an Effective Congress; Trustee of The Fund for Peace; Chair of the Fund for Constitutional Government
- Edgar James : Vice Chair of the Center for National Security Studies; Partner at James & Hoffman and litigator for the National Security Archive, George Washington University
- Nancy Kranich : Treasurer of the Center for National Security Studies; former Associate Dean of Libraries of New York University and the former President of the American Library Association
- Anne Cahn : Board member, Center for National Security Studies; Director of the United States Institute of Peace, Former scholar-in-residence, American University; former Arms Control and Disarmament Agency and U.S. Department of Defense staffer; author of Killing Détente
- Sheila Coronel : Board member; Center for National Security Studies; Director of the Stabile Center for Investigative Journalism at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism and the former Director of the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism
- Herbert Foerstel : board member; Center for National Security Studies;University of Maryland librarian; author of Secret Science and Surveillance in the Stacks; member of the American Library Association’s Intellectual Freedom Committee.
- William Y. Smith : Retired general, U.S. Air Force, with post-retirement work in think tanks and interest groups strategic and industrial planning, history, public access to information, and U.S. political decisionmaking; intimate access, as a junior officer, to Cuban Missile Crisis details
- Thomas Blanton : Board member, Center for National Security Studies; Director, George Washington University National Security Archive
- Kate Martin : Executive Director of the Center for National Security Studies; former faculty of Georgetown University Law Center and General Counsel of the George Washington University National Security Archive
- United States intelligence community : The United States' intelligence agencies coordinated by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
- Lisa Graves : Executive director, Center for Media and Democracy, formerly Deputy Director of the Center for National Security Studies and Senior Counsel for Legislative Strategy at the American Civil Liberties Union; Chief Nominations Counsel on the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee; executive for the U.S. Court system; career civil servant in the U.S. Department of Justice
- Robert Borosage : U.S. progressive activist and author, co-founder of Institute for America’s Future and Campaign for America’s Future