Airey Neave/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Airey Neave, or pages that link to Airey Neave or to this page or whose text .
- World War II : (1931–1945) The most destructive global war in human history that killed 53 million people. With battles in Europe, Africa, Asia and the South Pacific, the "Allies" (UK, US, Soviet Union) eventually stopped the aggressively expanding "Axis" (Germany, Japan).
- Conservative Party (UK) : A conservative political party in the United Kingdom, founded in its present form during the early 19th century.
- Commando Order : An order from Adolf Hitler, later the basis for a number of war crimes prosecution, which condemned uniformed special operations personnel operating behind enemy lines
- Franz von Papen : (1879 - 1969) Ex-Reichswehr, Catholic Center Party, Herrenklub, Chancellor (1932-33), Vice Chancellor; under house arrest during Night of the Long Knives; Ambassador to Austria before Anschluss; acquitted of war crimes in Nuremberg Trials
- Alfred Jodl : Colonel-general in the Army of Nazi Germany; head of operations branch of Oberkommando der Wehrmacht, the overall command staff; executed for war crimes by sentence of the International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg)
- Alfred Rosenberg : Early Nazi Party member and philopsopher, later Minister for the occupied territories on the Eastern Front; tried and executed by the International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg)
- Joachim von Ribbentrop : Foreign Minister of Nazi Germany, of lessened importance when the extension of national policies became military rather than diplomatic; tried and executed, principally for planning war, by the International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg)
- Albert Speer : (1905-1981) Architect, and Nazi Minister of Armament and Munitions 1942-1945; close personal relationship with Adolf Hitler but opposed his scorched-earth policies and plotted assassination; sentenced to 20 years by the Nuremberg Trials where he was eloquent in accepting responsibility, probably saving his life
- Arthur Seyss-Inquart : Nazi representative to Austria during the Anschluss and then Reich Commissar in the Netherlands; executed by order of the International Military Tribunal for the Major War Criminals
- Fritz Sauckel : Plenipotentiary in charge of the Nazi slave labor program; executed by sentence of the International Military Tribunal for the Major War Criminals
General commentary on Nazism
- Hitler and his personal life : Adult friendships, possible sexuality and spirituality of Adolf Hitler