Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sometimes called the "absorption law", it is one of the defining properties of a lattice:
- In set theory, intersection and union;
- In propositional logic, conjunction (logical and) and disjunction (logical or);
- In a distributive lattice, join and meet;
- In a linearly ordered set, minimum and maximum;
- In the integers, highest common factor and least common multiple;
- A.G. Howson (1972). A handbook of terms used in algebra and analysis. Cambridge University Press, 76. ISBN 0-521-09695-2.