1983 bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to 1983 bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut, or pages that link to 1983 bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut or to this page or whose text .
- Suicide attack : A means of attack with a weapon guided by a human who will inevitably die in the attempt
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Lebanon : a country in the Middle East. It borders Syria to the north and east, Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Its official language is Arabic, although French is widely spoken. The capital and largest city of Lebanon is Beirut.
- Attacks on embassies : Add brief definition or description
- United States Mission to Lebanon : Add brief definition or description
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Robert Ames : National Intelligence Officer for the Near East and a Central Intelligence Agency employee killed in the 1983 bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut
- Robert Baer : Central Intelligence Agency operations officer between 1976 and 1997; left in dissatisfaction; currently intelligence columnist for Time
- Hezbollah : An Islamist and Shi'a group, centered in Lebanon, which has conducted terrorism there and worldwide, but also acts a shadow government and provides public services
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps : Called the Pasdaran in Farsi, and the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution in English, the military and paramilitary force separate from the regular armed forces of Iran, with a strong religious motivation and clerical control; accused of being involved in terrorism